Sarjit has over 24 years of multinational experience including 16 years with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) where he led the audit and advisory engagements of various multinationals, public listed companies, GLCs, financial institutions and SMEs in Singapore, Asia, Australia, and USA.
He has deep technical knowledge in Singapore Financial Reporting Standards, SGX listing requirements and IPOs, IFRS, US GAAP, Risk-Based-Capital framework, MAS regulations, SOX compliance, corporate governance, enterprise risk and capital management and internal audit.
Prior to joining Ardent, Sarjit served as CFO of AIA Singapore and Aviva Asia. He was responsible for formulating and implementing the financial, investment and commercial strategies for AIA Singapore and Aviva’s diverse businesses in Singapore, Hong Kong and the Asia Pacific region respectively. Sarjit also served as CFO of AIG Global Investment Corporation, AIG Global Real Estate and AIG Private Bank.
Sarjit was appointed as an Adjunct Associate Professor by Nanyang Technological University (NTU) since 2010 for his expertise in Corporate Governance, Risk Management, Controls and Auditing. He is a sought after speaker and regularly shares his expertise at NTU MBA, the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants, MAS and SGX.
Sarjit has received several awards and accolades for his outstanding career achievements and contributions to the nation.
- Fellow, Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Public Service Star (BBM) conferred by the President of the Republic of Singapore (2011)
- Public Service Medal (PBM) conferred by the President of the Republic of Singapore (2007)
- Nanyang Alumni Achievement Award conferred by NTU (2012)
- Nanyang Alumni Service Award conferred by NTU (2006)
Professional Affiliations and Community Service
- Chairman, Finance Committee and District Councillor at Central Singapore Community Development Council (Central Singapore CDC)
- Honorary Secretary, Executive Committee and Member of Audit Committee of Singapore Indian Development Association (SINDA)
- Member, Singapore Qualification Programme (QP) Learning and Assessment Committee of Singapore Accountancy Commission (SAC)
- President, Nanyang Business School Alumni, NTU
- Member of the government appointed CPF Life Committee